Are you a UK based counsellor or psychotherapist?
Would you like to advertise your private practice on our site for free?
If so, then we’d love to have you!
Our counselling and psychotherapy database has been set up by therapists for therapists and is the only one in the UK which is entirely free, no hidden costs anywhere.
We know that setting up and maintaining a private practice can be a scary time, especially financially, as business costs mount up.
At Find Your Counsellor we wanted to help our fellow colleagues to reduce these costs by providing a platform to advertise your business and attract new clients which is free!
We work collaboratively with all members, listening to and responding to all of our members feedback and suggestions when deciding how to grow and develop this service.
We have a wonderful community of therapists over in our private Facebook group, which you will receive the link to once you join us. We have over 4300 therapists in the group all at different levels of our careers who are really pulling together to support each other, committed to encouraging one another to grow our businesses. It really is an inspiring place to be!
So what’s the catch?
There isn’t one! We promise that we won’t ask you to pay a penny to advertise on our site.
We ask only three things from you;
- We ask that once a year you agree to complete a questionnaire to help us to monitor and evaluate our services. This will help us to promote what we are doing but it will also help us to improve the site for your use also.
- We ask that you agree to our Terms and Conditions of use. There are two sets of T&Cs to agree to. The link to one set is at the bottom of this page and the other you will need to tick a box for when you join us.
- We ask that you provide evidence of your qualifications and insurance.
However, if you would like to get involved and help us to promote the site you are welcome to submit a blog post(s). Keeping our blog updated helps us to increase our profile, to appear in more search engine results, and as your blog will be linked to your profile it helps to promote your business too. A win win for all! If you are unsure how to write a blog then please do check out our guide to help you by clicking here and also head on over to the blog section of this site where you can view a selection of blogs we have recently published.
As you can see we are passionate about what we do and if you would like to join us then we’d love to have you.
To get started all you need to do is follow the 3 steps below.
1. Click on the image below. This will take you to a page where you can register on this site. You will need to register on this website to be able to submit your business listing. The profile you create when registering is NOT your business listing and will not be public. You will need to set up your business listing which is what members of the public see when they search for you in Step 3 below. When you click on the image below you will need to submit a username you will remember, then pop in your email address and click ‘register’.
2. Check your emails, including your junk folder. You should receive an instant email containing a link where you can set your password. Click on the link and choose a password you’ll remember.
3. Click on the link below. This will take you to a page where can log in to submit your business listing. You can log in here using the same details you used in Step 1 and 2 above. You can now create your directory listing. You will receive an email telling you how to send us proof of your qualifications and insurance. Once we receive these we will approve your listing.
Click this link to submit your business listing – click >>> here
You can also join us from your mobile phone too, no need to get the laptop out!
TOP TIP – when writing your directory listing please don’t copy and paste from another directory you are on. Search engines such as Google don’t like duplicate content and it won’t do you any favours, by writing original content you’ll be helping yourself to get found easier!
Once you have submitted your listing you will need to wait for admin to approve it for you which we will do after we have received evidence of your qualifications and insurance. This shouldn’t take longer than 24 hours after you have provided this.
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Thank you for reading.
(on behalf of Find Your Counsellor)